Kender (Pathfinder Conversion)
Male Names: Arlie, Balif, Buckeran, Jackin, Kipper, Kronin, Malon, Meridon, Pentrian, Rufus, Tarli, Tasslehoff, Tavin, Teekli, Tekel, Tobin, Vallo.
Female Names: Amari, Amber, Athola, Catt, Emla, Ethani, Hakan, Juniper, Mela, Paxina, Teeli.
Chosen Names: Burrfoot, Deeppockets, Downyheels, Flamehair, Flowerhair, Lampwick, Lighteyes, Lightfingers, Metwinger, Nimblefingers, Quickfoot, Quickstep, Pakslinger, Redfeather, Riddler, Softtread, Springheel, Thistleknot, Thistleswitch.
Standard Racial Traits
- Ability Score Racial Traits: +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, -2 Strength, and -2 Wisdom. Quick and agile, the small and wiry kender are built for nimbleness rather than brute strength. Driven by insatiable curiosity, kender lack the ability to think things through or to consider the consequences of their actions.
- Size: Kender are Small creatures and gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty to their CMB and CMD, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
- Base Speed: Kender have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Languages: Kender begin play speaking Common and Kenderspeak. Kender with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Dwarven, Ergot, Elven, Goblin, Solamnic.
Defense Racial Traits
- Fearless: Kender are immune to fear, both magical and otherwise.
- Kender Luck: Kender receive a +1 racial bonus on all saving throws. Due to their eternal optimism and inherent belief in the goodness of all people, kender manage to survive and thrive in a world that is often hostile to them.
Feat and Skill Racial Traits
- Handler: Kender have a reputation for larceny and guile—and sometimes it's well deserved. Kender gain a +2 racial bonus on Disable Device and Sleight of Hand checks, and Sleight of Hand is always a class skill for them.
- Wanderlust: Kender love travel and maps. Kender receive a +2 bonus on Knowledge (geography) and Survival checks.
Offense Racial Traits
- Taunt: Kender have an uncanny insight into the motivations and characteristics of other races. They can use this insight to unleash a verbal barrage of sarcasm, insults, and crude comments that cause the targeted victims to lose their temper. Kender receive a +4 racial bonus on all Bluff checks to taunt someone. To taunt an opponent in combat, make a Bluff check opposed by a Sense Motive check by your target. If your Bluff check exceeds your target's Sense Motive check, your target is nettled by your taunts and suffers a -1 penalty on his attack rolls and AC until your next action. An enemy distracted by your taunts is likely to direct his next attack at you, but is under no compulsion to do so. Using the Bluff skill to taunt a foe requires a standard action, but does not provoke an attack of opportunity.
- Weapon Familiarity: Kender are proficient with slings and treat any weapon with the word "Kender" in its name as a martial weapon.
Senses Racial Traits
- Keen Senses: Kender receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks.
Other Racial Traits
- Fleet of Foot: Kender have a base speed of 30 feet.
- Lack of Focus: Kender have a –4 racial penalty on Concentration checks. Kender don't necessarily lack magical talent, but their general lack of focus discourages them from pursuing careers in magic.
- Races of Ansalon, p. 136 - 161
- Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide, p. 60 - 69
This item has been published here with permission from the author(s) and may not be reproduced without permission. This is a fan submission and its contents are completely unofficial. Some characters, places, likenesses and other names may be copyright Wizards of the Coast.